New Note Poetry
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for your interest in submitting your work to New Note Poetry. All submissions should be submitted through Submittable. Our submission calendar is as follows:
- Subs Open: November
- Subs Decided: December
- Issue Released: January
- Subs Open: February
- Subs Decided: March
- Issue Released: April
- Subs Open: May
- Subs Decided: June
- Issue Released: July
- Subs Open: August
- Subs Decided: September
- Issue Released: October
What We Publish: Poetry only. We believe that poetry is the jazz of the written word. Therefore, we are open to many styles. Twice a year (Summer and Autumn), we accept video poetry. We seek fresh voices with unique perspectives. We want to see poets who break the mold and play with language, poetic form, and themes. We love the experimental and avant-garde, but we also appreciate seeing modern deconstructions of classic poetic forms. No subject or theme is too far-fetched for us. Go wild.
Poetry we're not keen on:
- Rhymed meter
- Epic poems
- Cutesy and romantic
- Overly religious
- Political rants
- "The Break Up" poem
- Covid-19/pandemic-related pieces
We're not saying that any of the above are bad, but there are plenty of them out there to read.
What We Don't Publish: Anything that is not poetry and anything that is discriminatory towards any person or group (we don't need to tell you what constitutes).
What We Can and Cannot Do: As much as we would love to, we cannot give feedback on every submission. If accepted for publication, we will send a proof copy of the issue to you for corrections, but we cannot accept new drafts. Our magazine is not a paying market, but we will heavily promote you and your work if you are accepted for publication.
- Submit 1-5 unpublished poems in a single .doc or .docx file with each poem on a new page.
- "Unpublished" means not currently found on a website, magazine, book, or on social media. We do, however, graciously allow submission of poems previously published in now-defunct literary magazines.
- Please allow us up to 1 month to review your submission.
- There is no need to follow up with us about your submission. We will respond promptly.
- We allow simultaneous submissions. Please notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere. We retain First North American serial rights once accepted for publication. All rights revert back to the author after publication.
- Do not submit revisions of previously declined poems.
- Send us a brief cover letter explaining who you are, as well as a third-person bio.
- If you have been previously published in our magazine, please wait six months before submitting again.
- Only send us your best!
By submitting to us, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You are the original author of your work and hold the necessary rights.
- Your work will be in an online-only magazine with no physical release unless otherwise noted.
- Your author bio will be subject to our in-house style.